• When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Desky’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the site.
The type of personal information we collect
• We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our site.
• The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, forum comments, content you direct us to make available on our sites (such as item descriptions) and web analytics data.
How we collect personal information
• We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Desky.
• We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete registration and provide items or services on our sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
• We will use your personal information:-
• Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
▪ verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our site;
▪ responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
▪ updating you with operational news and information about our site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our sites, website disruptions or security updates;
▪ carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
▪ monitoring activity on the site, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the site;
▪ managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
▪ improving our products and services;
▪ providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
Where you give us consent:
▪ providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you;
When we disclose your personal information
• We will disclose personal information to the following recipients:
◦ companies that are in the Desky group which are located worldwide
◦ authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who may be located in any of the countries our products are available in;
◦ a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
◦ a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
◦ a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputation risks;
◦ a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement.
Cookies and Web Analytics
• For more general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
• When you visit our site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
◦ your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
◦ the domain name you requested;
◦ the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
◦ the date and time of your visit to the website;
◦ the length of your session;
◦ the pages which you have accessed;
◦ the number of times you access our site within any month;
◦ the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
◦ the website which referred you to our site;
◦ the operating system which your computer uses.
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
• We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
• When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
• If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org